Would you like to receive information from the school by email? by text? by phone? by all three? We have a new system that gives us lots of different ways to communicate with you. Fill out your “School-Home Communication Form” and send it to the school office. Make sure to sign the “Canada Anti-Spam Legislation Consent” portion so that we can share information about upcoming school events, extra-curricular opportunities, yearbook purchases, fund raising initiatives, etc. Once you have sent in your form – text the word ‘join’ to 56360. For more information, call the school office.
PACKING A LUNCH THAT SUPPORTS LEARNING
A school lunch should give children the energy and nutrients they need to get them through an active afternoon. When planning healthy lunches keep these tips in mind:
- Include at least one serving from each food group from Canada‘s Food Guide
- Rather than buying pre-made lunch kits, make your own healthy “lunch kit” with divided containers and small ‘bite-sized” crackers, cheese cubes, left over chicken chunks, veggie sticks or fruit slices
- Get your kids to eat more veggies…send cucumber coins, zucchini sticks and pepper strips with dip
- Don’t drink your fruit…send water instead. Save the 100% fruit juice for home
- For more information you can call Your Health Connection at 721-7520 or 1-877-721-5720 and speak with a public health nurse or click on the health unit website at www.simcoemuskokahealth.org.
For more information you can speak one-to-one with a health professional, call your Health Connection at (705) 721-7520 or 1-877-721-7520.
CODE OF CONDUCT including DRESS CODE
Click here for dress code information. (under construction – code of conduct will be posted shortly)
Great way to fundraise for Monck Public School. Click on the link below to order some labels and part of the money goes to our school. Thank you for your support.
Temporary Excusal From School – Click the following link to access the TLDSB Temporary Excusal Form. This form is to be filled out if students are away from school for an extended period of time due to holidays.
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
Moose FM – listen for bus cancellations
Town of Bracebridge – find out more about our community in the heart of the Muskoka