Are you looking for labels for your child’s belongings or do you need labels and tags for items around your home? Monck School Council has just the fundraiser for you!
The Monck School Council has made arrangements with two different label companies to support the Monck Public School Community.
Click on the link below to take you to the OLIVER’S LABELS fundraising page for Monck Public School:
All funds raised will go to support various initiatives of School Council.
Would you like to receive information from the school by email? by text? by phone? by all three? We have a new system that gives us lots of different ways to communicate with you. Fill out your “School-Home Communication Form” and send it to the school office. Make sure to sign the “Canada Anti-Spam Legislation Consent” portion so that we can share information about upcoming school events, extra-curricular opportunities, yearbook purchases, fund raising initiatives, etc. Once you have sent in your form – text “Y” to 978338 (standard message rates may apply). For more information, call the school office.
Using the SchoolMessenger app or website, parents can determine how they would like to receive various message types via any combination of: phone call (home, cell or both), text message, email, and/or app notification.
Follow the steps below to create an account and set your preferences:
- Download the SchoolMessenger app (available on iOS through the Apple Store and for Android devices from Google Play), or visit go.schoolmessenger.ca.2. Create an account (preferably using the email address you have on file with your child’s school).3. Once you are logged in, go to Preferences on the left-hand menu and turn on/off phone, text, or email for each message type.
4. Repeat these steps for each registered child in your family.
- The phone number registered at your child’s school will be used for any School Hours Emergency and/or Non-School Hours Emergency communications.
- All messages will be delivered to your account in the SchoolMessenger app/website. If you wish to receive messages on the app only, you can turn off phone, text, and email options for all message types.’
PACKING A LUNCH THAT SUPPORTS LEARNING
A school lunch should give children the energy and nutrients they need to get them through an active afternoon. When planning healthy lunches keep these tips in mind:
- Include at least one serving from each food group from Canada‘s Food Guide
- Rather than buying pre-made lunch kits, make your own healthy “lunch kit” with divided containers and small ‘bite-sized” crackers, cheese cubes, left over chicken chunks, veggie sticks or fruit slices
- Get your kids to eat more veggies…send cucumber coins, zucchini sticks and pepper strips with dip
- Don’t drink your fruit…send water instead. Save the 100% fruit juice for home
- For more information you can call Your Health Connection at 721-7520 or 1-877-721-5720 and speak with a public health nurse or click on the health unit website at www.simcoemuskokahealth.org.
For more information you can speak one-to-one with a health professional, call your Health Connection at (705) 721-7520 or 1-877-721-7520.
CODE OF CONDUCT including DRESS CODE
Click here for dress code information. (under construction – code of conduct will be posted shortly)
Temporary Excusal From School – Click the following link to access the TLDSB Temporary Excusal Form. This form is to be filled out if students are away from school for an extended period of time due to holidays.
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
Moose FM – listen for bus cancellations
Town of Bracebridge – find out more about our community in the heart of the Muskoka