Well Monck students, here we are – working from home – maybe just like the adults in your house.
Just like at school, you are going to need certain things in order to be ready for learning each day.
- Wait for information from your teacher. Many of you have already been in communication, maybe even given some learning, or your teacher is busy getting ready for this new way of teaching. Either way, make sure you are ready for information from your teacher and you and your parents understand where and how to get this information (i.e., e-mail, Google Classroom, Seesaw, telephone)
- A work space. A place where you can sit and are comfortable to do work or listen to a lesson. Your space should be your desk at home and ready for you Monday – Friday. Don’t forget to make a schedule to share with your parents and siblings!
- Items you would use at school; pencil, paper, pencil crayons, ruler, calculator…whatever your teacher indicates you need for at home learning.
- An adult to help you with anything from: making sure you are connected with technology or if you have a question. If you need help to reach out to your teacher with questions, the adult can help with that as well.
- Snacks and Water. Everything’s better with a snack and water.
- A positive attitude and growth mindset. Learning at home is new…FOR EVERYONE. Be patient, do your best, don’t give up and smile. Everyone knows you have an amazing smile.
We are all in this together, students and parents. And together we will do great things.
Please reach out.
Teachers are available as is our Principal Mr. Waddell and our Vice Principal Mrs. Gates.
We are excited to start this learning journey with you and we are excited to have all Monck students back in school, from home, working and learning together.
Be well Monck Families and we will see you in the virtual classrooms!